Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Instructions for Zebra Ears


I ran across my Zebra Hat pattern the other day on Pinterest.  Wow!  I hadn't realized its popularity.

Since I posted the pattern, I have gotten numerous questions from people who were a bit confused (and understandably so) about how to make the ear.

Finally, I had a chance to make one (thanks to an Etsy order), and I took pictures.  Hopefully, these will make it a little clearer.  Please excuse the nasty quality.  These were taken with my phone.

This is the completed outer ear (picture taken from the bottom).  As you can see, it is a tube shape.


Another view of the outer ear from the side.


This is the completed inner ear.  As you can see, it is flat.


Another view, from the side.


Lay the outer ear flat, and place the inner ear on top.


Stitch the inner ear to the front of the outer ear.  Place your fingers inside of the outer ear if you're afraid of accidentally stitching them together.


Sewing finished.


Now, fold the bottom of the ear together (vertically) and stitch it together.


Your ear is now done!  Leave a long enough tail to sew onto your hat.


Thanks for using my pattern!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment