Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Blanket

Several months ago, I wrote a pattern for a baby blanket and offered it for free.  People seem to like it.  But, I seemed to like it, too!  It became an addiction.  For a while there, I couldn't stop making it.  I made it four more times, with different designs.  For me, that's saying a lot because I get antsy when I'm doing something monotonously redundant.  Maybe that's why, for a lot of my projects, you see stripes.  The change of color keeps me from losing my mind!  HA!

Anyway, here is are the blankets I've made using my Dainty Textured Baby Blanket pattern:






Remember, this pattern is free.  Download from here today!

6 comments:

  1. OOO love this pattern! Thanks for sharing. I do charity crocheting and this is a wonderful pattern for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The size of your needle changes the way it looks, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwen I love this pattern! Thanks for sharing. Do you make up the patterns for the appliques too? Love the Hello Kitty and the little bear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Dawn!

      I'm sorry it has taken me a while to respond.

      I do have one Bear Applique. The pattern is on my blog here: http://adorablyhooked.blogspot.com/2012/03/bear-head-applique.html

      My Hello Kitty applique is based off of this pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hello-kitty-bag-scarf

      Thanks so much!

      God bless!

      Delete
  4. I really like how this pattern looks, however, I am having a hard time with it. My rows keep decreasing in the number of stitches. Please tell me if this is wrong - I am doing a double crochet, then next stitch single crochet, and then skipping the next stitch then repeat from double crochet. Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Carrie.

      The stitch pattern should be DC,SC ***in the same stitch***, then skip the next stitch. This could be why your rows are decreasing. Let me know if this helps.

      Delete